La Ribera district of Barcelona
Being near the port In the Middle Ages La Ribera was the city's hub of commerce and the seafaring trade.
The Ciutat Vella is the old heart of the city of Barcelona, which includes the following areas.
Nearest Metro stations: Barceloneta line 4 , and Jaume line 4
Buses numbers 14, 17, 19, 36, 39, 40, 45, 51, 57, 59, 64, 157.
- Llotja de Mar building is the former stock exchange.
- The church of Santa Maria del Mar, of the finest Catalan Gothic architecture.
- Carrer Montcada is lined with late medieval mansions, now all museums
- Museu Picasso
- Museu Textil i de la Indumentaria
- Museu Barbier Mueller d'Art Precolombi
- Palau del Mar houses the Museu d'Historia de Catalunya, enjoy it's innovative and interactive journey through the history of Catalonia.
Santa Maria del Mar church
Buses 14 17 40 45 51 57 59
The best and finest example of Gothic architecture in Catalonia can be seen in the church of Santa Maria del Mar
Photograph Santa Maria del Mar church, Barcelona
The spacing of the interior supporting column is the widest, over 9 metres, in any gothic building. The acoustics of the building make it very popular for concerts.